COLLECTIONS, DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND LITIGATION
- Contractual disputes
- Commercial litigation
- Corporate recovery
- Debt collection
- Family law (including divorces, custody and maintenance matters)
- General litigation
- Medical malpractice
- Personal injuries
- Civil litigation (magistrate's court and high court)
- Joint ventures (litigation)
- Interdicts and motions
- Insurance disputes
- Labour law
- Administrative law (municipal, state or industrial unfairness)
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Building industry disputes
- Jogging on a dark and stormy night - Pavement pitfalls, and your remedy
- Hookers behaving badly - Sports injuries and the law
- Forfeiture Clauses - Penalties and prejudice
- A stitch in time - Slippery stairs and the building owner blues
- Home sold in execution: Can the ex-owner claim?
- Liquidation applications: Spurious defences disallowed!
- Corrupt cops: Courts crack down
- Signing Suretyship: The sting's in the tail!
- "Snatching back umbrellas when it rains"
- Notify your insurers of every possible claim - Even if the risk is "small"!
- Report white collar crime! Courts getting tougher
- Blunt pencils, servitudes and verbal contracts
- The dangers of a domicilium address: and, when is domicilium service not valid?
- The great "Common Law Marriage" fiction: Don't be left destitute!
- "Family loans" - When can't you recover them?
- Unlawful arrest: More protection for the public
- Impersonated on Twitter? Victim of cyber-bullying? Your remedy
- Speeding - Licence suspension automatic
- Small claims courts - Jurisdiction up
- Terminating debt reviews: Creditors, debtors and debt counsellors take note!
- Driver demerit system rolling out countrywide - the timetable
- What's in my muesli? new controls on food labelling, advertising
- Directors, reckless trading: "Honest Belief" irrelevant
- Shopper trips, supermarket slips
- "Forced sale" valuations not enough to prove insolvency
- Suing to enforce a credit agreement? Deliver the NCA notice correctly!
- Stolen cars and "Owner's Risk"
- Compromising a claim? Don't rely on a "Full and Final Settlement" cheque
- Municipalities - Word your service agreements with care!
- Sellers, watch out! Double commission danger
- School fees - Both parents liable
- Mediation: When to consider it, and the dangers of declining
- Fraud on SARS = Invalid contract
- Arresting the fugitive debtor: risk and reward
- Doctor's orders: the duty, and the danger
- An insult too far: damages for the "ineffectual imbecile" slur
- Danger - don't rely on vehicle registration papers to prove ownership!
- Debt recovery interest and costs capped
- Pyramid Schemes - The repayment risk
- Fidentia, the broker, and the clients' claims
- Firearms: Licencing, surrendering, and compensation
- The NCA And A Spot Of Silver Lining For Creditors
- The Cheque's In The Post" - A Risky Business!
- Maintenance: Enforcing payment with contempt of court proceedings