Basson Blackburn News
"The Internet is a Real Place with Real Consequences" (Rebecca MacKinnon, Internet policy expert)
When will the enforcement provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act ("POPI" or "POPIA") come into effect? Latest indications are that the Information Regulator will announce final Regulations and a commencement date shortly, but there have been so many delays already that we perhaps shouldn't be holding our breath on that one.
We all know by now that the VAT rate increased from 14% to 15% on 1 April. How does that affect your residential property sale/purchase?
Both sellers and buyers (of anything - houses, cars, you name it) need to understand how the CPA (Consumer Protection Act) has impacted on the very common "voetstoots" ("as is") clause.
Obtaining a maintenance order for the support of yourself and/or your children is all very well, but what if you are dealing with an "Artful Dodger" who is determined not to pay you?
More Articles ...
- Don't Lose Your Claim to Prescription - Know the Law!
- Trustees: Your Risk of Personal Liability in Property Sales
- Plot-and-Plan: Great Option, Just Beware the Building Deadline
- TV Cameras in the Courtroom - Media Circus or Public Right? Lessons from the van Breda trial
- Sellers and Landlords: Using an Unregistered Estate Agent
- When Crime Doesn't Pay: VAT Fraudsters Behind Bars for 25 Years
- Closing Down the Guesthouse Next Door: Notes for Owners and Neighbours
- Creditors and Debtors: Important New Prescription Judgment
- Employer v Employee: Can You Use Evidence Obtained under Threat of Prosecution?
- Child Maintenance in Arrears? The Contempt of Court Enforcement Option